The fear of making the wrong choice can be completely debilitating. We often get stuck living with the status quo because it is safe. Unfortunately, the cost of this is a life often unlived: safe, resentful, stuck, stagnant and, worst, empty. Face your fear.
My motto has and will always be: “Failure is the one word I won’t accept!”
Enjoy this sourced-out article as here are some tips to help make the process easier:
1. Write out the decision that you have to make with as much detail as possible.
2. Consider the positive emotions that you want to experience. If possible, feel them in your body.
3. Reflect on situations where you experienced these positive emotions before. What were the circumstances?
4. Imagine yourself making each decision. Imagine the details about what that decision looks and feels like. Pay close attention to your emotions as you imagine each decision.
5. What else is important? Who else needs to be consulted in making this decision? Who else is affected? Who would have helpful insights? Consult them. Get all the information out on the table.
6. Which decision offers more opportunities to experience strong moments?
7. A reversible condition is not conducive to happiness, so avoid giving yourself an out from your choice. Make the decision and commit to it. Pay close attention to your feelings as you make the decision. It is natural to feel nerves and apprehension but know that in time, a decision made with the intention of feeling strong will pay off.
Having to be right is certain to paralyze us. If we have to know without a doubt that the decisions we are making are the perfect ones, we risk never making any choices at all.
Be aware that you may make mistakes. Mistakes are messengers, letting us know when we are getting closer and when we are moving further away from our destination. They are powerful guides. But do NOT dwell on them.
We become what we think about, so choose to focus instead on all the things that you are doing to proactively and positively move toward your fulfilling life. Be confident that your decisions are made to serve your highest self and always seek what is working about the choices you’ve made.
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©