So we are at Day 4 of 2017 and I know that majority of people made a resolution to be healthy (like this is a yearly mantra for folks) and hopefully, it will be maintained all year round so here are a few tips sourced from curejoy.com for a Healthier 2017 Lifestyle (I will be posting more options every month so do subscribe to my blog to be alerted when Part 2 is posted):
1. Lemon Ginger Zinger for Slimmer Belly: Green apples are rich in fibre which helps to boost digestion and bowel movement thus increasing metabolism. Fibre helps to clear your digestive system and get rid of any toxins in the body. Green apples also contain iron which raises the levels of blood oxygen and increase metabolic rate thus getting rid of any toxins in the blood stream.
2. Focus and Concentration: Apple peels contain large amounts of the antioxidant, quercetin which is known to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
3. Everyone’s Favourite Green Schmoody: Spinach is high in fibre and water content, both of which help to prevent constipation and promote a healthy digestive tract.
4. Nutrient Rich Green Chia Champion: Chia seeds are packed full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to raise HDL cholesterol and protect against heart attack and stroke.
5. Greek Tzatziki Alkalinising Smoothie: Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin).
6. Stimulating-Green-Magic-Thunder: Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
7. Weight-Management-Green-Watermelon: Celery are extremely low in calories and high in fibre that makes it a perfect vegetable for weight loss. Being rich in fibres, it helps keep the tummy satiated for a longer time and prevents mindless cravings, which is one of the main reasons for weight gain.
8. Malted-Greens: The antioxidants and phytochemicals found in strawberries help to reduce inflammation of the joints, which may cause arthritis and can also lead to heart disease.
9. Raisin-Sugar-High-Heaven: Raisins contain a considerable amount of iron which directly helps in the treatment of anaemia. It also contains many members of the vitamin-B complex that are essential for the formation of new blood.
10. Sweet-Rejuvenation: Eating a hearty breakfast is known to help kick-start your metabolism, so why not give your body an extra boost by making this good-for-you smoothie part of your morning routine? Packed with B vitamins and magnesium, Bananas help boost metabolism.
So who is with me on this healthier journey. Let’s make this a commitment and stick to it.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©