Welcome to Part 7 of our Healthier 2017 Lifestyle and I hope you have been enjoying this amazing discovery of using food as smoothies and the benefits to this healthier journey of oneself. Again as derived from curejoy.com:
61. Peppermint-Grapefruit-Detox-Water: Grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin C, a vitamin that helps to support the immune system. Vitamin C-rich foods like grapefruit may help reduce cold symptoms or severity of cold symptoms.
62. Probiotic-Guacamole-Spread: Sauerkraut isn’t just a topping for hot dogs, it is also a functional food with health benefits. Foods were originally fermented to help preserve them, but this isn’t the only benefit of fermented foods like sauerkraut, which is made by fermenting cabbage.
63. Blood-Pressure-Reducing-Ruby-Sunrise: Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents.
64. Quinoa-Tacobowls: Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein and comprised of all pernine essential amino acids.
65. Raspberry-Tummy-Tucker: By increasing enzyme activity, oxygen consumption, and heat production in certain types of fat cells, raspberry phytonutrients like rheosmin may be able to decrease risk of obesity as well as risk of fatty liver.
66. Beta-Carotene-Rich-Plantains-and-Water: Plantains, a member of the banana family, are starchy and low in sugar. They are usually baked or fried and used much like potatoes in Caribbean and West African dishes. Like bananas, plantains are a good source of potassium and fiber. Plantains contain significantly more vitamin A and vitamin C than bananas.
67. Rapid-Transit: Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of Warding off heart disease.
68. The-Power-Punch: Bananas are a great source of vitamin B6.B vitamins help break down homocysteine—an amino acid that at high levels is related to a higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
69. Almond-Silk-Wonder-Milk-for-Weight-Management: One cup of almond milk contains only 60 calories, as opposed to 146 calories in whole milk, 122 calories in 2 percent, 102 calories in 1 percent, and 86 calories in skim. It makes for a great substitute that will help you lose or maintain your current weight.
70. Anti-Inflammatory-Peanutty: Although almond milk only contains 1 gram of protein per serving, it contains plenty of B vitamins such as iron and riboflavin, both important for muscle growth and healing.
Here’s a reminder of past posts: Kickstart Your Way to A Healthier 2017 (Part 1); Kickstart Your Way to A Healthier 2017 (Part 2); Kickstart Your Way to A Healthier 2017 (Part 3); Kickstart Your Way to A Healthier 2017 (Part 4); Kickstart Your Way to A Healthier 2017 (Part 5); Kickstart Your Way to A Healthier 2017 (Part 6) so keep on it Beloveds and look out for Part 8 of the Healthier Life coming soon.
Do like, comment and follow my BLOG for upcoming posts.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©