So I got told a few weeks ago that most times I exhibit the Alpha Female traits which I guess can be somewhat true and so got me putting on my journalistic specs to do some research. Being an alpha female is, for the most part, pretty awesome from what I gathered. Now understand that this is not a male-bashing article but the alpha female is the new definition is what it means to be a woman. She is feminine, fierce, and intelligent. She is the prototype for women in the future.
The Alpha Female is a strong, majestic female. She can often be intimidating to those around her and isn’t afraid to ask for what she wants. She is so successful in her career and has a solid group of friends to rely on. You must admit that there is nothing quite as brilliant as a woman with confidence and ambition. The alpha female is known to be supreme among females as other females often look to her for leadership. However there are some who feel threatened, because this woman tolerates no nonsense and does not believe in game playing and one-upmanship.
She (The Alpha Female) is known as the Highly Successful, Self-Confident, and Independent Woman.
So tell me, how would you know an alpha female when you meet her? Here are ten ways as derived from Paired Life then ascertain whether you fall into any of those traits:
- She is never embarrassed to ask for what she wants: “Assertive” is not a word that she is uncomfortable with. In fact, being assertive is second nature to her. She believes that all right-thinking people should negotiate explicitly to get their desires and needs met. She believes you are responsible for your own life. Refusing to ask for what one wants is anathema to her. Negotiation is what life is all about. Holding her tongue, toeing the line, and waiting for others to magically notice and reward her is simply not something she’d ever do. Her motto is that life is for the takers and participators.
- She enjoys being in an equal or superior position to men: And why not, I will add? The idea that she must subvert or minimalise her attributes, intelligence, or other strong characteristics because she is a woman is so old fashioned. Who says that men have to be the breadwinners? Not her. To her, traditional gender roles are just so 19th century. She believes that a confident, intelligent, and mature man is not threatened by a powerful and highly successful woman. In fact, such men should be overjoyed that such women exist. Furthermore, she believes that men are just people, no more, no less. She does not believe in playing the weak damsel in distress. In fact, she is loathe to play silly, coquettish games of any kind. Inane affectations sicken her, to say the very least. Her motto: Weak and insecure men need not apply!
- She is not passive regarding the pursuance of any type of pleasure: To her, being a woman is not equated with being passive. Not at all. Being indecisive and wishy-washy is not in her nature. She is oftentimes the initiator in seeking all avenues of fulfilment, including the sexual. To be passive in her eyes means to be acquiescent in life and she is anything but. To her, passivity is equivalent to being owned and she does not want to be owned—not by tangible and/or intangible constructs. She is proactive in her approach to life. To her, life is for the takers!
- She does not mind being wildly and uninhibitedly feminine and sexy: To her, being feminine, beautiful, and sexy are not antitheses to being independent, powerful, and liberated. In fact, the former are analogous to the latter. She views sexual stereotypes as limited and atavistic labels that preclude women from becoming full human beings. She believes that people transcend stereotypes, which are only artificial constructs that limit individuals. To her, the old stereotype of being a feminine woman is morbidly suffocating. She refuses to believe that being beautiful, feminine, sexy, liberated, powerful, and independent is oxymoronic.
- She does not mind if a man earns less than she does, as long as he contributes to the relationship and upholds his end regarding household responsibilities: Who says that a man has to earn more than a woman? Not her. She does not subscribe to such outdated and utterly sexist paradigms and philosophies. She believes what a person earns should have nothing to do with their gender. She feels that it is quite normal and acceptable for a woman to out-earn a man. She does not mind being the sole breadwinner in the family, if need be.
- She believes in having a career to establish her self-worth and independence: She believes in being a contributor in life and that when one contributes, one becomes truly a full, worthy, and authentic person. Furthermore, a contributor always leaves a posthumous mark on society and the world at large. In other words, contributors make an imprint on life. A career helps her do that. It’s a way for her to use and exhibit her intelligence and talent for the world to see. She also gets a sense of self-actualization. In her eyes, nothing makes a woman more self-fulfilled than a satisfying career. A career means power and power has its own rewards. Being powerful means being a shot-caller, which translates into ownership. Nothing makes an alpha woman happier than to own and be in charge of her destiny.
- She thrives on being in responsible positions. Being responsible for others equates to power for her: She believes that she is more than capable of the task at hand. Since she knows that for a fact, who is better than she to assume high powered and responsible positions? She is the best at what she does and no one can do it better. To her, power is an integral part of the human construct: Either one has it (which means that one can be highly proactive and influential in the events of humankind) or one is utterly powerless, always bowing to the desires of others. She refuses to be put on a proverbial leash. She only answers to herself. That power allows her to become a mentor and help others by cultivating, encouraging, and developing their human potential. She does this for her own good and for that of the firm.
- She refuses to believe in the antiquated concept that one becomes less agile and more infirm with age: Age is just a number to her, one that means nothing in the larger scheme of things. She is the type who remains vital and sharp in her old age. She thinks that anyone who succumbs to the atavistic stereotypes of age needs a good psychiatrist, or better yet, should starting broadening his/her life perception, and fast! She, for one, is not going to become an old lady. Think of Betty White (a nonagenarian) and Rita Moreno (an octogenarian)— both vibrant, lively ladies who totally exemplify that one is only as old as one believes. These ladies get even fiercer with each passing year!
- She does not complain or whine: She sees complaining and whining as abject passivity and a refusal to improve the negative circumstances of one’s life. She figures that if one is mentally healthy and mature, one can remedy one’s life instead of whining about it. She knows that everyone’s life has some amount of difficulty and hardship. To just complain and whine is a total waste of energy. That energy is better used in assessing, challenging, and overcoming those adversities. Besides, other people are uninterested in listening to your lamentations. She staunchly believes that complainers are wimps who should be horsewhipped into maturity! There is nothing further to say.
- She doesn’t believe in excuses: She believes if one makes one bed, he/she should lie in it, either for good or bad. In other words, one reaps what one sows. If one exerts little or no effort, one shouldn’t expect a reward. She finds it ludicrous that many people want success in life but refuse to put in the necessary work, planning, and sacrifices to get it. When they do not achieve their dreams, they blame everyone and everything but themselves. This excuse-making really incenses her to the nth degree. Stop with the excuses already, she insists. Her motto is that each person has what he/she deserves, nothing more and nothing less!
To summarise, the alpha female is a no-nonsense woman who’s supremely confident and self-assured. She knows what she wants and how to ask for and obtain it. She is a true realist: no sugarcoating for her. She likes life at its most unadulterated essence. She appreciates the good and can learn from the bad. She also knows how to make the more negative aspects and situations of life exceedingly beneficial.
She does not believe in antiquated gender roles. She is beyond stereotypes. She is a take-charge woman who makes no excuses. She is and has what she earns and deserves.
The alpha female is unique! In fact, she is the prototype of women in the 21st century and beyond.
The Alpha Woman Is the Future!
Do like, comment and follow my BLOG for upcoming posts.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©