Tips on how a perfect partnership can secure your success.
Can you imagine years of teamwork, planning, dreaming and scheming in your own business with a partner? Of boosting each other’s confidence and believing in each other’s ideas.
Do you have THE business idea but require a partner to make IT work.
Questions are constantly being thrown at successful entrepreneurs who have made it in society – when’s the right time to start a business; “most response are whether they have raised finance/proved their model/sussed out the competition, whether they are working with a business partner or going it alone?”
But as sourced via Stylist; if you want to call the shots, stay solo. If teamwork and moral support are what you cherish most, that’s unlikely to change.
FINDING ‘THE ONE’
– If you talk enough with friends and colleagues about your business ideas, you’ll soon meet like-minded souls.
– Look for differences, not similarities. Holly knew I could do things she couldn’t, and vice versa.
– Choosing a colleague-turned-friend is much better than trying to turn a friend into a colleague.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
– Set acid tests. Do you know each other’s strengths and weaknesses? Do they complement each other, or will you be fighting over the same turf while other things get neglected?
– Ask awkward questions. We did this early on, via a huge questionnaire. How much money do you want to make? How hard do you want to work? Who’s in charge? Questions that become a lot more awkward a few years later.
– Be sure you share the same big vision and long-term plan: sharing only a dream to get rich just won’t cut it.
– Regroup regularly and communicate. This might be having daily and weekly meetings.
If you’re fortunate enough to find the yin to your yang, grab them with both hands – the effect on your business can be electric.
Do like, comment and follow my BLOG for upcoming posts.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©