As savvy, young business people, we’re constantly on the go, but sometimes too much hard work can lead to signs of burning out. These telltale signs are your body’s way of trying to get you to slow down and pay attention.
I can testify to that, being a mother, sister, daughter, business woman, blogger, community worker is taking its toll on me and I find myself being snappy towards family and friends when the stress overwhelms me. I tell myself – ‘SELF – YOU NEED TO TAKE A CHILL PILL CAUSE THIS IS NOT HEALTHY TO YOU OR ANYONE’ and then I snap back to becoming HUMAN again.
We are now in the middle of November and almost into the end of the year of 2018 (not too sure how the year just flew by but eh), so as I have advised moi (Me, Myself & I): Do yourself and your workplace a favour by taking heed to avoid a total meltdown. These five solutions will have you back on your feet and feeling back to normal in no time.
You Are Always Late:
* The problem: You worked late last night, so it was difficult to get up when your alarm clock sounded in the morning. Next thing you know, you’re scrambling and usually arrive late.
* The solution: Even if your company is in its busy season (with long overtime hours), try to get out of the office at a reasonable hour. Or talk to your boss about creating a rotating schedule, so the company is covered at all times without you having to work a crazy 12-hour-plus day.
Your Desk Is a Mess:
* The problem: You barely have time to get up for a coffee refill, so odd papers, and stuff pile up.
* The solution: Before you start any of your work in the morning, give yourself 10 to 15 minutes to clear off your desk. You’ll find yourself able to concentrate better when your desk is neat and orderly.
You Forget to Eat Lunch:
* The problem: You’re crunching away at your desk when suddenly you feel woozy and realise its 3 p.m. and you still haven’t eaten.
* The solution: Sometime between noon and 2 pm. force yourself to step away from your desk and take care of your body. Your body and brain need protein to fuel your work efforts. Even 15 minutes away from your desk will do wonders for your mental health.
You’re Struggling to Complete Assignments:
* The problem: Computers often can be your worst enemy when trying to complete an assignment. Emails, IMs, and your ever-updating news feed can keep you distracted from the work at hand.
* The solution: Set yourself up with mini-deadlines to finish assignments. Take a brief look at the header of an email and, unless it requires immediate attention, then wait to respond until your assignment at hand is completed.
Your Head Feels Foggy:
* The problem: You’ve lost your vigor and motivation, and it’s hard for you to stay focused.
* The solution: It might be time for you to take a vacation day. Recharging your batteries will help you come back to work more invigorated and ready to take on challenging assignments.
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
The Renaissance Journey continues …
Do like, comment and follow my BLOG for upcoming posts.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©