Hello Beloveds, we all know that October is also known as the ‘Breast Cancer Awareness Month’ which is very dear to us at The Renaissance Lady. It’s that time of the year where we will be having our 3rd Annual 5k Walk 🚶🏾♀️🚶🏾♀️🚶🏾♀️, of which I am one of the UK Brand Ambassador for Breast Health Angels Foundation (BHAF).
So on Saturday, 20th of October across 13 cities worldwide
- USA: ATLANTA – Shorty Howell Park located at 2750 Pleasant hill road Duluth, Georgia
- USA: HOUSTON – Sugar Land Memorial Park located at 15300 University Blvd, Sugar Land, Texas
- USA: NEW YORK – BrookVille Park – 149 Ave &S Conduit Ave, Springfield Gardens, New York
- USA: DALLAS – Bachman Lake Park 2750 Bachma Dr, Dallas Texas
- USA: HERCULES, CALIFORNIA – Refugio Valley Park, 1515 Refugio Valley Rd, Hercules California
- USA: MIAMI – TBD
- UK: LONDON – Green Park, London, SW1A 1BW
- BAHAMAS – Designated Resort Beach
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – Designated Resort Beach – Punta Cana
- NIGERIA: PORT HARCOURT – Take off GRA Junction
- NIGERIA: LAGOS – IMB Building, Akin
- NIGERIA: ABUJA – Jabi Park
Every one of us knows someone – either a loved one or another experience cancer. Back in 2017, I had so many people passed onto glory from this dreadful disease both old and young, so you see this cancer is no respecter of age or race and words cannot explain how I much I detest it. Cancer is a broad term for a class of diseases characterised by abnormal cells that grow and invade healthy cells in the body. Some cancers may eventually spread into other tissues.
I have seen and known some loved ones have one of the worst cases of cancer – ‘breast cancer’ which starts in the cells of the breast as a group of cancer cells that can then invade surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to other areas of the body.
One survivor is a dear sista-friend by the name of Chika Akwiwu otherwise known as The African Barbie, who is a passionate advocate is on a mission to educate us women on how to detect breast cancer very early and ensure that we get treatment and follow the course of a good and healthy lifestyle.
As a result of her new sense of purpose, she founded a non-profit organization BHAF (Breast Health Angels Foundation, Inc.). BHAF has Advocacy deeply embedded in its core and is unique because it combines Chika’s experience as a Breast Cancer Survivor alongside her training as a healthcare provider to Educate, Empower and Engage women worldwide. She is a strong advocate for Early Detection because it can make the difference between life and death. BHAF’s mission is to Empower, Encourage, Educate and Engage women to Embrace their breast health and overall well-being through Early Detection and Support Services.
They say: ‘It takes a Village to SLAY this Cancer so what are YOU waiting for!
Join the MOVEMENT and let’s make a Difference
SHARE, DONATE, REGISTER OR SPONSOR. Be an Advocate!
Let’s do this…💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
The Renaissance Journey continues … 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞
Do like, comment and follow my BLOG for upcoming posts.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©