Those close to me can say that I have always claimed Dubai to be my second home and that ideology is not going away anytime soon. Lil man aka my son loves and have bought into that idea and it has become a yearly adventure for us. So, I wanted to share some of our adventures and pray that you enjoy it just as much as we do.
Dubai is the place to be. Home the largest immigrant population and is also the world’s fastest-growing city. Dubai is a desert city with a stunning infrastructure, liberal policies (by regional standards), that became popular for its excellent tourist amenities. Dubai makes a great short break for shopping, partying, sunbathing, fine dining, sporting events, and even a few sinful pleasures.
When it comes to food Dubai is a fine place to sample diverse types of Middle Eastern cuisine, whatever your budget. With restaurants across the city offering varying takes on the classic dishes of the region, usually featuring a wide range of classic mezze and succulent grilled meats, sometimes with a broad selection of shisha (waterpipes) on the side.
One thing to take to consideration is that Dubai is an Islamic state and that visitors are expected to comply with local cultural norms or risk the consequences. You know the cliché when in Rome do as the Romans do!
Firstly, I must say that Dubai is a cosmopolitan city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for rich culture, luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture, and a lively nightlife scene. It is a dynamically domineering hub for tourism and holiday.
Dubai is the world’s fashion city calling millions to behold the riches at large. The city has a hive of maddening and astounding sky touching the building. One cannot simply take one’s eyes off the city glitter and glamour. There’s so much to see and do in Dubai like:
Shopping: Dubai is a shopper’s paradise. From uber-premium, top-notch, glitzy brands to humble bargains at bustling souks, you can find it all in this city. Some of the popular malls include Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Madinat Jumeirah and Ibn Battuta Mall. Be sure to visit the Gold Souk where all that glitters is gold and follow your nose to the Spice Souk situated in the neighbourhood for some of that old world lost charm.
Camel Racing: Camel racing is an important part of the Emirati culture. If you’re in the city in October and November, make sure you catch some of this unique action at the Al Marmoum Camel Racing Track.
Desert Adventures: For those looking for an adrenaline rush, Dubai offers an endless range of options. From dune bashing to desert safaris, hot air balloon rides to sandboarding safaris, there are more ways to keep your adrenaline pumping than you could have ever imagined.
Sporting Activities: Dubai is a sporting hub. From golf to parasailing, horse riding to jet skiing, pick the sport and enjoy it in this city of dreams.
Spas: Looking for something more relaxing? You’ll be pampered for choice when it comes to pampering yourself. Unwind, relax, and rejuvenate yourself with world-class spas that offer a wide range of services from soothing massages to luxurious spa treatments.
Boat Tours: You can get a glimpse of Dubai’s old maritime culture by taking a dhow or a boat cruise along the creek in old Dubai or you can opt to see Dubai’s modern skyline with a laid-back boat ride along Dubai Marina. The cruise normally includes dinner and drinks so it’s a fantastic way to float an evening away.
Helicopter Tours: For a bird’s eye view of the city, book a helicopter ride and tour the entire city. It’s a fantastic way to appreciate the planning of this magnificent city.
Dining/Night Life: If the way to your heart is through your stomach, you’ll fall instantly in love with Dubai. Boasting of Michelin star restaurants as well as humble alleyway haunts, you’re bound to find whatever tickles your taste buds in this delectable city. And for the party animals, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to party the night away, Dubai style!
Dubai’s Amazing Tourist Attractions:
- Palm Islands – this panoramic view of Palm Islands adds glittering and gauging attraction to Dubai’s majesty. There are three islands Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deira & Palm Jebel Ali. Many sports and activities bind you tight.
- Burj Khalifa – proud peaked and toweringly tallest Burj Khalifa is the most quoted and privileged place to call millions.
- Burj Dubai is another astonishing attraction. It is a splendid phenomenon and a must watch when you are visiting Dubai.
- Atlantis Hotel (one of our favourite places to stay): Remarkable and richly arresting Atlantis Hotel rests at Palm Jumeirah. World-famous for its architecture and style it invites many and has over 1539 rooms. It is one of the world’s exorbitant hotels with attractions – The Lost Chambers Aquarium, Aquaventure, Dolphin Encounter, Marine Waterpark, and a host of others.
- Grand Mosque: Grand Mosque is an elegance representing traditional Islam and is adorned with sand-coloured walls.
- Dubai Fountain (see below video clip): Dubai Fountain is awesome to behold especially under a starlit sky. The romantically beautiful fountain is an added attraction that cannot be missed.
(Below are some snippets from our Dubai Adventures – so enjoy)
Here’s to more wanderlust adventures post coming up soon.
Yours in love – The Renaissance Lady ©