Hey, it is the weekend and even though I am not one for too much drinking (all things in moderation I say); I do like the occasional sip or two when socialising or networking (call it what you may).
In my household, I am known for my love of all things Cranberry – like the juice and the fruits. So you can imagine my delight in seeing a drink mixed with one of my favourite fruits: Cranberry Cider via Tasty on BuzzFed.
INGREDIENTS: Servings: 28 servings (based on 1.5 ounce alcohol/serving) – here is a video on how to make it:
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ gallon water
- ½ gallon apple juice
- 16 ounce cinnamon whiskey
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- Fresh apples
- Fresh oranges
- Additional fresh cranberries (garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (garnish)
1. Combine cranberries, sugar, and water over medium-high heat, and cook until berries are completely cooked.
2. Strain and set aside to cool.
3. Thinly slice the apples and oranges. Add cranberry juice, apple juice, and whiskey.
4. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with additional cranberries and cinnamon sticks.